Friday 18 October 2013

Sacrifice's?

Can I just say a quick thank you to everyone who read and commented to me about last week's blog... I'm glad people are reading them and finding them interesting. I hope I can keep writing and you want to keep reading! -Thank you for your comments, much appreciated!

Sacrifice's

 

This week's blog comes with a little help from Amy as she helped me pick the topic, so Amy thank you! ;-)
 
 
Ok so at some point in life everyone makes sacrifice's, whether it's be big or small...
 
This week i had to sacrifice something that was pretty big to me.. maybe not to anyone else but to me it was big. I was due to go and see Lawson in concert and because of my M.E relapsing I couldn't go. There a band for anyone who doesn't know and I am a HUGE fan to say the least!
I had to pick what was more important... my health or a concert.
Guess many of you are thinking yeah concert all the way.. yeah if only it was that simple!
There are simple reason's why this just wasn't possible!
  • I didn't physically have the energy to get ready
  • I had the risk of being so much worse off than what I already was
  • Anxiety, which seems to have been particularly bad lately
  • I also had literally no sleep that day
Ok, I could of probably thought of loads of reasons but mainly it was I have to think of the impact on my health. I used to take many risks on my health which used to make me 100 times worse! Something I now can't afford to do. This week my M.E was particularly worse than normal as I struggled with speech, picking things up, dropping things, struggling to walk to the toilet which is a few steps away and even raising my arm slightly became difficult. So if I felt like that before how I went how the hell would I of been the next day?!
 
My mom made sacrifices for me when I become ill, ones that the word 'thank you' will never be enough. She gave up working, a job she enjoyed and made a difference to people's lives... Instead she gave up work to care for me 24/7. From the simplest things that  some people would laugh about like helping me with the toilet, to taking me out and getting some sort of life! You name it my mom has to do it for me...
 
Paul said to me this week if only people realised what M.E can actually do to you... He said how much people take things for granted even to the point of feeding themselves or even lifting there arms. Something us M.E sufferers struggle day to day with but its not just M.E sufferers, other illnesses are the same! I used to think Parkinson's was just a shake then my dad got it and he/he is getting worse with the simplest of tasks being difficult... So it makes me think twice now!
 
Amy my little sister has also had to make many sacrifices, considering she is only 16!
A lot of people are aware Amy has M.E and fibromyalgia herself so she can't unfortunately live the life she wants. Before she got ill, Amy wanted to be a carer. Something that she would of been amazing at, anyone who knows Amy will know what a loving, warm and kind person she is, she would of been amazing! Sadly because of the M.E she can't physically do that... instead she is hoping to become some sort of teaching assistant. Last year she wasn't able to do as many GCSE's as what 'normal' people would do, but she did a few an what amazing results she had for those! A lot of sacrifices for a 16 year old who just wants a normal life!
 
M.E sufferers have to sacrifice a lot of independence!
 
It's not just M.E sufferers who make sacrifices... my point i'm making is that sometimes loads of sacrifices are made in life, perhaps more than we realise?
I mean what do you have to sacrifice? Its a question to think about...
 
A quote I heard off 1 of my favourite TV programmes 'One Tree Hill' I thought it was quite relevant for this week's blog...
 
"Sometimes Our Hearts Are Willing But Our Bodies Say No" 
 
Anyway till next week,
 
Keep smiling!!! :-)
 
Kate! XO


1 comment:

  1. Lovely blog as usual Katie, bought tears to my eyes, you and your family are so amazing, just love the way you all stick together xx

    ReplyDelete