Tuesday 17 December 2013

2013...

2013

 

So haven't wrote my blog in a long time... the reason to this is because when I write I want to write something that's interesting an not something that's a pile of crap, so I wait for inspiration to write.
So were coming to the end of 2013...
  • Has it been easy? No
  • Has it tested me as a person? Yes
  • Has there been change? YES
Three questions I think everyone should answer...
I guess I could write a post being full on negative saying that 2013 hasn't been the best but you know what there's worse that goes on out there so no I'm not going to write a load of negative things but as I say in my other blog posts I am going to be honest though...
This year I feel I've been tested... but some tests can be good for you.. challenge is good.
In some way this year I feel I have grown as a person and maybe grown up. Well guess I am nearly 21...
A lot has changed for me this year. One of the best things that I could ever have hoped is that this year I found someone who's so incredibly special to me. Paul who you all read this probably know who he is.. I do tend to mention him a lot! He's helped me an awful lot this year. Been the biggest support that I could of ever hoped for not just for me but for my family too, become my best friend too who at the most hardest time can make me smile, someone who has learned an wants to learn more about my illness, always there when I need him. Paul Phillips is 1 of the most kindest people I have ever met. My mom always told me 1 day I would find someone who was the '1' as they say an I used to think that's utter crap and she was right.. I've found my '1' to everyone out there who believes there destined to be on there own, your not.. there is someone out there who will accept you for you and tear down those barriers you have up. If you have illnesses or disabilities someone out there will accept you for you an see past them.. I didn't think it existed but it does.
I'm sure out there are millions of people who have had a tough year for what ever reason that is...
Life can be tough and sometimes when life's tough on the ones you care about you tend to dislike the world for a bit...
This year I've watched my dad get ill with Parkinson's. One of the most hardest things to watch is watching someone you respect and love get so ill. It breaks my heart seeing him struggling with the simplest tasks in life.
Parkinson's Disease isn't just a shake in the hand, its something that effects your whole body and takes over your life! Something I want to fight for and make people listen!
If there's 1 thing that its taught me this year is that so many illnesses/disabilities don't get enough recognition and get judged.
People's deception of a few disabilities/illnesses: 
M.E - either people have never heard of it or if they have people assume were just lazy.
Parkinson's Disease - its just a shake in the hand
ADHD - your just a person who has anger issues
Depression - someone who's just sad
Anxiety - someone who's scared
Panic Attacks - someone who just panics at things
Then there are other disabilities that don't even get a look in like; aspergers, dyspraxia, epilepsy, dyslexia.. Ok lets be honest the list is endless!
I used to be 1 of those people who just judged and now I'm living proof as are very many people who are misunderstood but we can't get angry over it.. it's just the way life is unfortunately.  
2013 has made me realise I want to make a difference.. help people I guess, because everyone needs a little help, whether they know it or not but not having support off certain people hurts, like a kick to the stomach... so making a difference is something I want to do for 2014.. having someone to talk too and showing a bit of support is something I tend to be thankful for now, so I want to help people in a similar situation...
This year I have changed an awful lot as a person, I'd like to think I've grown and learnt a lot.
Its also made me feel thankful for the people I have in my life.
My mom, who is like my female best friend, always there with love, support and advice.
My dad my hero, who no matter what life has thrown at him this year he's still standing and smiling
Luke my brother, the most kindest and loyal 20 year old I've ever met and this year I'm majorly thankful at how close we have become!
Amy my sister, someone who I can be immature with, she's also another best friend, someone to talk too.
Paul the best person and thing to have come out of this year!
Family to me is the most important thing in this world, I know some people aren't lucky to have that family life so it makes me so grateful knowing I have that family that are supportive, there for me, loyal and love me for me.
No matter how tough things are or what's happened I think people need to try and find something positive from a situation, no matter how crap things are!
We spend most of our time complaining (myself included) and we never take time to be thankful for what we have.
Life is precious and I think everyone needs to make the most of it more.. because you never know what's going to happen tomorrow!
So Christmas is literally around the corner and I for 1 cannot wait!!!
I'm lucky I get to spend it with those who I adore and I am going to make it the best yet!
I know sadly some people won't enjoy Christmas for what ever reason which makes me sad but I guess we all enjoy different things.
So this year I have a decoration on my Christmas tree saying 'Believe' and for those who have had a rubbish year BELIEVE its going to be better next year and that things can only get better!
To everyone reading this...
Merry Christmas, I hope you have an amazing 1 and make the most of it!!!
I probably won't write another blog until 2014 so Happy New Year also!
Bring on 2014 is what I say!!!
Please keep spreading the word about my blog, all reads are so useful...
I intend to raise awareness for M.E but not just M.E now as Parkinson's is going to be another fight to raise awareness for!
Thank you and keep smiling!
Kate xo.

3 comments:

  1. I can identify with a lot of what you say. Recently I have tried like you to look at the positives in my life. It`s all too easy to think of the negatives. I`m glad that you have found special in your life. I found the love of my life when I was first ill and when I was not looking for it. You never know what`s round the corner good or bad. So it`s important not to waste it. I`m also raising more awareness and understanding of M.E. I think it`s important to have a goal despite illness. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and look forward to more of your blogs in 2014 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! :-) So grateful for the reply!

      Delete
  2. I hope 2014 is a great year for you and Paul, I hope your health isn't too mean to you and you can find some relief. I also hope things with your dad are as well as can be, I know parkinsons is such an awful underestimated illness. Stay strong and keep on fighting! Lots of love and hugs, Hayley-Eszti

    www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete